A message regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) to our patients and the San Antonio public, from Dr. Gordana Gligoric
March 5, 2020
As this virus continues to spread, an increase in infections around the United States, and possibly in San Antonio, is likely. However, there is no need for panic or for extreme measures.
Here are some recommendations that can help you to significantly reduce the possibility of contact exposure and to help you avoid airborne exposure.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. After washing, do not re-touch faucets or door handles with your clean hands. Use a disposable napkin or other barrier to turn off the water and to open restroom doors.
- Use a disposable napkin or other barrier when using touchscreens, such as those at retail checkout counters, ATMs and gas stations.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with your fingers.
- As an extra measure, you can apply a bit of silver nitrate gel around the nostrils. Silver is a natural anti-bacterial agent that may help to reduce airborne pathogen exposure.
Finally, let's not forget the following practices, which we should all follow, even in the absence of COVID-19:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
Detailed information on COVID-19 can be found on the Centers for Disease Control website (www.CDC.gov)
If you have reason to believe that you may have been exposed, to COVID-19 contact your physician.
Dr. Gordana Gligoric
Asthma Allergy Sinus Center
4242 Medical Drive
San Antonio, Tx 78229
Make an Appointment
Same-day or same-week appointments are often available.